Sarah Goding, Associate Attorney
Dedicated Fairfax Attorney
Ms. Goding graduated cum laude in 2017, from University of the District of Columbia, David A Clarke School of Law. While attending law school Mrs. Goding represented clients starting non-profits and low-income cooperatives in the Community Development Law Clinic. During her time in law school, Mrs. Goding also participated in the Juvenile & Special Education Clinic, where she represented children and parents, primarily in special education matters in Washington D.C. schools.
Before becoming a licensed attorney, Mrs. Goding was a Paralegal for over 13 years and since 2008, Mrs. Goding had been serving as a Paralegal to Mr. Murphy in his Fairfax, Virginia office. Mrs. Goding holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Old Dominion University, where she majored in Criminal Justice and received a minor in Psychology.
When she is not in the office, Mrs. Goding enjoys spending time with her husband and two sons.
Bar Admissions & Memberships
- Virginia State Bar
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Loudoun County Bar Association
- Prince William County Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
University of the District of Columbia, David A Clarke School of Law, Washington D.C.
- Juris Doctor, graduated cum laude
- Honors and Activities: Juvenile and Special Education Clinical Program in 2016, Community Development Clinical Program in 2016, Dean’s Fellow Scholarship in 2015, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia
- Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice, 2011-2013, Graduated with honors
- Honors and Activities: The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi in 2011, Golden Key Honor Society in 2011, Psi Chi Honor Society in 2011, Sigma Alpha Lambda Honor Society in 2011
While litigation is very much a part of my practice, I have always enjoyed mediation and negotiations much more. I find that these types of resolutions in family law cases get both people closer to what they want to achieve than anything that a court may do. There is definitely a time and a place for litigation, but I believe that many cases never need to see the inside of a courtroom and their interest will best be served by first committing themselves to a fair settlement of their marital issues through negotiation, mediation, and a collaborative law practice approach.
Collaborative Law allows more flexibility than other choices of litigation alternatives, and allows the people at the heart of the matter to make creative decisions that will work best for them and their families. I believe that being in control of such decisions is best for a changing family dynamic and allows the parties to move forward with their lives with the feeling that they have had control over the outcome of this very difficult time in their lives.
Call the Law Offices of Michael Kevin Murphy, PLLC today at (703) 721-7640 ,between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Mondays through Fridays. to schedule your initial consultation.
Why Hire Law Offices of Michael Kevin Murphy, PLLC?
Our Attorney is a former
U. S. Army officer.
Our firm is award winning & top rated.
We serve clients domestically & internationally.
Located close to the Fairfax County Courthouse.
We have over 30 years of legal experience.