Michael Kevin Murphy is a former U.S. Army officer who served with distinction, having been awarded the Combat Infantryman’s Badge, Parachutist Wings, Ranger Badge, Bronze Star Medal, eight Air Medals; his own military units during his service in combat received the Valorous Unit Award. For many years he has served the divorce and family law needs of our nation’s military and other government professionals and their spouses with his unique military and family law background. From our main office in Fairfax, VA, Mr. Murphy is also available to serve as an expert witness, associate with other attorneys throughout the United States, and is available to consult with other attorneys who would rely upon his experience in dealing with these special family law needs.
- George Mason University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Virginia Military Institute, Bachelor of Arts
Bar Admissions, Appointments, & Memberships
- Commissioner in Chancery, Virginia 19th Judicial Circuit
- All Courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court, Western District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Veterans Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Fairfax Bar Association, Fairfax, Virginia
- Virginia State Bar (Member, Family Law Section)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Board of Governors of the Military Law Section of the Virginia State Bar
- Member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award for Achievement, George Mason University School of Law.
- George Mason University School of Law Moot Court Board of Governors Award for Outstanding Service.
Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rating of A/V
After rating by his peers, Mr. Murphy was awarded Martindale-Hubbell’s rating of “A/V” which is its highest rating given for professional competence and integrity in the practice of law.
Thoughts Shared by Private Practice Lawyers
“Mr. Murphy is one of the finest lawyers in Northern Virginia” 5.0 out of 5.0
“Michael is a very good, professional attorney and a zealous advocate for his clients. He deserves your highest rating” 4.6 out of 5.0
“Mr. Murphy undoubtedly meets with qualifications for an excellent rating” 5.0 out of 5.0
Schedule your consultation by calling the Law Offices of Michael Kevin Murphy, PLLC today at (703) 721-7640 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Mondays through Fridays. Our dedicated divorce attorneys are here to assist you through even the most complex family law issues.
Why Hire Law Offices of Michael Kevin Murphy, PLLC?
Our Attorney is a former
U. S. Army officer.
Our firm is award winning & top rated.
We serve clients domestically & internationally.
Located close to the Fairfax County Courthouse.
We have over 30 years of legal experience.